Apple, Brie and Arugula Quesadilla
Here is our adult take on a kids favorite meal. This quesadilla is sweet and savory all at once, with sweet and crisp apples, soft and melted brie cheese, and fresh arugula served with a light sauce made from Dijon mustard and Wacky Apple apple juice.
- Makes 1 serving
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla
- 3-4 large slices of brie cheese, we cut 4 slices from a large brie round
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1/2 of a honeycrisp or Fuji apple, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon of Wacky Apple apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Place tortilla in a low to medium heated non stick skillet on the stove. Mix the mustard and apple juice together in a small bowl and spread the sauce over the top of the tortilla. Top with brie slices, apple slices and arugula. Fold over the tortilla and heat roughly 2-4 minutes on each side or until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from pan and cut into halves or quarter slices. Enjoy!