Apple, Kale and Parmesan Salad
This salad makes a wonderful fresh side for a weekend BBQ or summer/fall dinner. Or serve it as a healthy, no fuss meal by itself. It’s a cinch to make and tastes so light and fresh.
Makes 1 serving
- -2 cups fresh kale (removed from stems and chopped
- -1/2 of organic apple (we love honeycrisp in this recipe), chopped small or grated/shredded
- -1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- -1/4 cup sliced or silvered almonds
- 2 tsp Wacky Apple apple juice
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sugar or a drizzle of raw honey
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- dash of salt and pepper
Shake all ingredients in a small jar and drizzle into the kale salad. Toss salad and dressing together so that all ingredients are combined. Top with chopped almonds.