Although, I am sure you don’t think of “salsa” loaded with apples, this salsa brings a pleasant surprise to your taste buds! Serve it at your next tailgate outing, Halloween party or Thanksgiving celebration for a not so average appetizer.
- 2 medium to large crisp apples (honeycrisp, Fuji, golden delicious, etc)
- 1/2 cup red, orange or yellow sweet bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 of a fresh jalepeno, seeds removed and minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine apples, peppers, onion, jalepeno, and cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice and honey and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Enjoy with corn tortilla chips, or cinnamon flat bread.