Crockpot Pork Tenderloin with Apples
Dust off your crockpots because this delicious and easy to prepare meal will be a favorite for you and your family on a cool, Fall or Winter evening.
Serves a family of 4 with possible leftovers
- 4 pounds of pork tenderloin (we used 2 tenderloins) or Pork Roast
- 3 small-medium sized apples, quartered and then cut into thick slices
- 1 medium onion, quartered and cut into slices
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of Wacky Apple apple juice
- 1 tablespoon of Herbs De Provence or a combination of fresh herbs like rosemary, oregano, marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
Rub tenderloins or roast generously with salt and pepper. Place half of the onions and 6-8 apple slices in the bottom of your crockpot. Top with the seasoned roast/tenderloin. Surround pork with remaining apples, onions and carrots. In a mason jar or cup with a lid, combine your apple juice, olive oil and herbs and shake to combine. Pour mixture over the pork, apples and vegetables. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, MEDIUM for 5 1/2 or 6 hours and LOW for 8-9 hours. For food safety, cook the meat until its internal temperature registers at least 160 degrees F.