This may soon be a staple in your house for an easy weekday breakfast that the whole family can enjoy. The best part is, everyone can add in there favorite “extra” ingredients to make it fit their personal tastes.
- Mason Jar or cup with a lid
- 1/2 cup organic, old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Wacky Apple applesauce, flavor of your choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (almond, cow, soy, coconut, cashew, etc)
Place all ingredients in a mason jar, close the lid tightly and shake ingredients to combine. Leave in the refrigerator overnight or up to 3 days. In the morning, mix in your favorite mix-ins to create a delicious oatmeal all of your own.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- fresh fruit; berries, peaches, banana, apples, pears, or a combination of your favorite fruits
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (for chocolate lovers)
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite protein poweder
- spices; cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, vanilla, etc
- dried fruit
- nuts; almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans, peanuts, etc
- nut or seed butter; peanut, almond, cashew, sunflower, etc