Sausage Apple & Cheddar Quiche
This fall inspired quiche is perfect to serve at breakfast, brunch, or for a quick weekday family dinner. The flavors of maple sausage, sweet apples, and creamy cheddar go wonderfully together. Pair it with a fresh, seasonal fruit bowl or a greens salad and you have a delicious meal.
Sausage Apple & Cheddar Quiche:
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store bought, we like Wholly Wholesome organic pie crust)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and broken into crumbles
- 1/2 cup of fresh apple, diced (gala, honeycrisp or Fuji taste great)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 6 eggs, cracked into a medium size bowl
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare crust as according to package directions if store bought or use our homemade apple pie crust. Place sausage, scallion and apple into the pie crust. Whisk eggs. cream and 1/2 of the cheese together and pour into the crust, on top of the sausage and apple mixture. Top with the rest of the cheddar cheese. Bake 45-55 minutes or until top is golden brown and eggs are set.
Let cool for 15 minutes. Slice and serve. Top with fresh basil if desired.