Apple, Quinoa Pecan Spinach Salad
This salad is a perfect lunch, dinner or side dish. It is loaded with flavor and nutrition. We love it drizzled with our light and delicious Apple Juice dressing that we also use for our Kale salad.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup of Spinach
- 1/2 cup of Quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 of an apple, chopped, any variety (we love the sweetness and crunchiness of Honeycrisp apples in this salad)
- 1/4 cup of roasted pecans (roasting directions to follow)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh green onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, if desired
- Spread spinach on a medium sized plate. Top with quinoa, apple, pecans and green onion. Drizzle with dressing.
- 2 tsp Wacky Apple apple juice
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sugar or a drizzle of raw honey
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- dash of salt and pepper
Shake all ingredients in a small jar and drizzle into the kale salad. Toss salad and dressing together so that all ingredients are combined. Top with chopped almonds.