An easy to prepare and healthier option for a Fall dessert.
- 4 medium gala, braeburn, honeycrisp, or Fuji apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon raw, local honey
- 1/2 cup of Wacky Apple apple juice
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops off of the apples and remove the core. Once cored, set the apples in a small baking pan (standing upright). Combine sugar, oats, butter and spices in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Pack filling into cavities of the apples. Pour apple juice and honey into a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine and pour around the apples. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover, baste the apples with the juice and cook another 10 minutes, uncovered. Removed from oven and serve warm by itself or with a dallop of vanilla bean ice cream.