Chicken Salad with Apples
We lightened up your traditional chicken salad by making it with a homemade greek yogurt, honey mustard and apple juice dressing. You won’t go back to your mayonnaise based chicken salad after you have tried this one!
- 2 breasts of cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup of grapes
- 1/2 cup of apple, chopped (Honeycrisp, Gala, Fuji or Golden varieties)
- 1/3 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)
- 1/4 cup of dressing
- 3 cups of greens (spinach, mixed greens)
- Sea salt of Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients except the greens and dressing in a medium sized bowl. Refrigerate or serve by combining dressing and tossing to mix well. I like to wait to toss with the dressing until its ready to be served. Serve on a bed of mixed greens.
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, plain
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons raw, local honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Wacky Apple apple juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well to combine. Drizzle over the chicken salad when ready to serve and toss to mix well. You may not need all of the dressing, so start with about a 1/4 cup and add more depending on your desired consistency.